Br84 1800-1 motor build-in...help needed

• In perioada urmatoare o sa vi se solicite modificarea parolei. Pana la modificarea parolei, userul poate figura ca si blocat, odata modificata parola, userul este reactivat automat.
    Pentru orice problema va rog folositi butonul "Contact"

PrinzEugen

21 Ianuarie 2012
Belgrade
Ive bought gutzold br86 1800 item no.127400. Its a dummy with no engine and no pickup plate, below motor.

4b7d165c57d97.JPG

Can i have someone's suggestion about purchasing motor.

I ve found similiar topics by Mpursu of modding br64.

Which one motor should i buy.
Old original one, also used by BR24, BR64 and diesel loco G15

28vys1v.jpg

or Piko nr.art.56000 or maybe the best choice Buhler ?? Is his snail compatibile with loco gears.

I hope i dont need hacksaw for cutting plate...i need right fit

ps. tnx Mpursu

Any 12V DC motor would be OK, as long as it is small enough to fit and the original Guetzold worm can be mounted on its shaft. If the worm-gear assemblies of the new Guetzold BR86 were not changed, I think that the new Buhler motors from their spare part list can be easily adapted for your locomotive. The owners of new Guetzold BR64 and/or BR86 locomotives could help us a great deal if they would post here some photos of their interior mechanisms :D

Ive tried with Mehano motor...but you must be extremly precise and have right angle i think i dont have chance to fix it right....it works..but i heared some noise from gears...maybe..just maybe they would worn out...cause of plastic....

maybe the main problem is SNAIL - GEAR compatibility and at the end fixing the motor
appropriate snail is difficult to find

The new worm and the old first gear must fit exactly, or else the teeth of the gear will not engage properly with the groove of the worm. The first sign of mismatch is an easily recognizable rumbling noise. Well... any gear mechanism does make some noise, but the normal operation noise can be distinguished from the other abnormal noises.
The worm of motor Piko nr.art.56000 has two beginnings, but the original Guetzold worm has one beginning. Thus, the groove of the original Guetzold worm is less inclinated than the groove of the Piko worm. The teeth of the Guetzold first gear are inclined at the same angle as the Guetzold worm groove (naturally :)), so they won't engage properly with the Piko worm.

if i undesrtood right...i better buy old gutzold engine....or buy old snail and fit into new Buhler 5-pole motor

german word for motor snail?

mpursu a spus:
The owners of new Guetzold BR64 and/or BR86 locomotives could help us a great deal if they would post here some photos of their interior mechanisms :D
Romanian version:

Posesorii de locomotive Guetzold BR64 şi/sau BR86 ne-ar ajuta foarte mult dac㒠ar posta aici poze cu mecanismele lor interioare :D

Ive found picture for

Ersatzteil BR 64 / 86 GߓTZOLD - HO, looks like Buhler motor

14xngg6.jpg

so if this sold as part of loco i think in this case no need for rework

YEEEES this is it! :aplauze:
I am almost sure that this assembly will fit perfectly on the chassis of your BR86 and the motor worm will engage with the first gear. But, as I was saying, some pictures of the new BR64/86 Guetzold H0 interior mechanisms would be clarifying.

Prognosis also did a nice job with the new motor of that BR64 Guetzold :aplauze:
However, according to his new electrical interface, the lights will be always white at the boiler and red at the bunker, no matter of the sense of moving. If you will consider to give your BR86 functional and directional lights, sligthly different electrical connections should be made.

Hallo PrinzEugen,

Why don't you try with a Tillig electric motor from a switch servo mechanism. It's cheap and Tillig use this type of motor in many TT locomotives (including V36).

Also you can try to find a Buhler motor @ebay. I don't know the price.

Good hunting! :evil:

i found buhler motor but without plastic pickup part below motor (Montageplatte).

i need confirmation for buying Buhler motor and solution how to fix it without Montageplatte.

The Mehano motor seems to be OK, but you should pull the worm some 5mm away from the motor, so that it engages properly with the first gear. By the way, please measure with a caliper the distance between two adjacent teeth of the first gear, and then the distance between two adjancent peaks of the worm. Also, try to determine the height of the gear teeth and the depth of the worm groove. If these two measurements yield respectively identical results, then the worm fits with the gear. Of course, real-life gear assemblies feature more complex aspects to be taken care of, but in this case, this should be enough.
The worm of the BR56 motor looks similar to the worm of BR64/86 (if not even identical), so it would seem to be right, but these measurements should be carried out on it too.